We as a parent do not leave any stone unturned to keep our children safe and secure. Whether it is about their safety or the level of comfort, we make sure that the child remains calm, composed and contented throughout. Isn’t it? Therefore, having the best kid’s accessories becomes a must.
A child is said to grow best when he takes a sound sleep of 8 to 10 hours. And for a sound sleep having a high-quality nap mat becomes vital. A mat which can provide utmost comfort to the child and make him feel cozy makes a perfect choice.
So let us know in detail about the best nap mats and what makes them the best.
What is a Nap Mat?
A Nap Mat is a soft piece of cloth which is used to make the child sleep when he is away from his regular bed. Generally, a nap mat is light in weight and easy to carry anywhere. So whether your child has just started going to a kindergarten or you are planning for a small vacation, a nap mat will come in handy.
Different types of nap mats
When a child sleeps on the floor, it becomes necessary to have a cushiony surface. It makes them feel cozy and comfortable. Other than this maintaining the hygiene is equally important. It helps in providing a safe and secure place for the child.
Keeping these in minds different companies come up with varying styles of nap mats. These are:
- Stackable mats
- Roll-up mats
- Fold-up cushions
The best thing about nap mats is they are easy to wash and dry. This is the primary reason why childcare centers and kindergartens prefer having nap mats. It ensures that the child will not only sleep comfortably but also remain hygienically safe and away from germs.
If you are willing to have a nap mat for your child, the content below will help manifolds. Here we have provided the specifications of FOUR best nap mats of the year. So, check them out and find your perfect product now.
Best Nap Mat Reviews
1. My First Nap Mat, Memory Foam Nap Mat Pad, Attached Removable Pillow
Coming from My First Mattress, this is one of the best nap mats for the children. The perfect size and the use of high-grade materials make it ideal to use by all. It is considered excellent for toddlers, preschoolers as well as kindergarten age children.
My First Nap Mat comes in different colors and size. Therefore, choosing the one which meets your needs become easy. Another alluring feature is the presence of an attached pillow. The best part is you can easily remove it when not in use.
The size of the mat is around 41″ L x 21″ W x 1″H which is considered ideal for children of all ages. The thickness of 1/2 inch provides enough softness to the user. The best thing is the presence of certified polyurethane foam which makes it even more reliable and authentic.
Another feature which makes it superlative is the gel memory foam that absorbs the pressure and channels the heat away. It helps in preventing the development of excessive heat which may cause sweating while sleeping in the children. With this nap mat, your child takes a sound sleep for hours which is essential for better growth and development.
- It is a compact design and therefore easy to carry anywhere without any fuss.
- The mat rolls up and consists of Velcro closures along with a carry handle.
- It comes with a blank name tag so that you may personalize it.
- There is a removable pillow which provides excellent support to the neck.
- It is perfectly cushioned to get a sound sleep on the hard floors.
- Although the material is certified, is not very durable.
- The zipper is not strong enough to hold the pillow perfectly.
2. Urban Infant Tot Cot All-In-One Preschool/Daycare Toddler Nap Mat – Poppies
This is another amazing nap mat from a reliable brand Urban Infant. It is known for manufacturing high-grade and trustworthy products that last for a lifetime. Also, they are incredibly comfortable and make an ideal product for the use of small children. So if you are looking for a nap mat that your child can use for long, this could become your ultimate choice.
It is designed from the toddlers to the preschoolers. Whether the child is going to the daycare or kindergarten, this nap mat could become your ultimate pick. The presence of pillow which can be removed when not in use and one sewn-in blanket makes it a complete package.
With the dimension of 22 x 1.2 x 52.4 inches the mat weighs around 1.5 pounds. The lightweight makes it easy to carry anywhere without any hassle. The presence of pillow which you can easily remove adds to the worth of the mat even more. There is a sewn-in blanket as well.
It is soft, cozy and provides high comfort to the users. It is designed especially for the kids between the ages 2 to 5. Everything your child needs to remain calm and contented while sleeping at a place other than his regular bed is present in this nap mat.
- The mat is easy to maintain as you may wash it in cold water and tumble dry.
- It consists of a quilted lining, blanket, pillow, and a small pocket to keep the stuffed toys.
- The elastic corner bands secure it to the cot for enhancing the child’s safety.
- It fits children of all age and size.
- The lightweight makes it easy to use anywhere you go.
- The size could have a little bigger as it seems too short for the kids.
- The fabric looks little scratchy against the soft skin of kids.
3. Angeles Rest Germ-Free 2″ Mat
When we talk about the nap mats, the products coming from Angeles needs special mention. This is one of those brands which have managed to make a reliable place in the hearts of parents. The primary reason behind is the use of high-grade materials and innovative design.
The perfect size and right dimensions are another reason why this mat is considered ideal for all. It comprises some of the features like radio frequency seal and waterproof fabric which adds to the value of the mat manifolds. The perfect dimension makes it ideal for kids.
The dimension of the mat is 24 x 19 x 13 inches that fold to 24″L x 11″W x 8″H for easy storage. The weight of the mat is just 2 pounds. Therefore it is compact in size and light in weight to use. You may carry it anywhere without any difficulty.
This nap mat is radio frequency sealed which means it will remain resistant to bacteria and germs. So if you are looking for a mat which will stay hygienically clean and safe for your child, this could become your final choice.
- The mat is extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- It is durable and lasts for a more extended period.
- The vinyl cover and 2 inches thickness provide enough cushioning to the mat.
- It is available in different size, color, and cute graphics.
- Being completely sealed it remains well-protected even when exposed to water.
- Edges are sharp and abrasive for young children to be sleeping on it.
- The material is not very durable and rips apart after vigorous use.
4. Original NapMat Olive Kids by Wildkin
WildKin is known for manufacturing the best products and accessories for the kids. Their nap mats are no exception as they are perfect from all spheres for the kids of all ages. Whether we talk about their built-in blanket or pillowcase, everything is designed to enhance the level of comfort for the child.
This nap mat from Wildkin is ideal for kids between the ages 3 to 7. Made with high-grade materials like cotton and microfiber the level of comfort one attains is unbeatable. This is the reason why parents prefer it foremost.
Coming in the dimensions of 50 x 1.5 x 20 inches and weighing 3 pounds this mat could become a one-stop destination for all. The lightweight and compact design make it easy to carry anywhere without any hassle. To ease carrying, even more, there is a convenient carrying strap so you can hold it without any difficulty.
The exterior of the mat is made up of cotton and polyester. It ensures that the product will not only provide the utmost comfort but also last forever. No matter whether you have to for a vacation, camping, or sending your child to kindergarten or daycare, this mat will come in handy in all the situations.
- It is made up of high-quality cotton and blended with microfiber.
- It is a complete set coming with a pillowcase, pillow and a built-in blanket.
- The materials used in manufacturing are free from PVC, BPA, and phthalate.
- It comes with a reliable replacement warranty.
- The 100% cotton flannel interior makes it more comfortable and cozy.
- The color of the fabric fades after every wash.
- The material is not 100% cotton but the blended one.
When can you use a nap mat
When you have a child, you never know what accessories would become essential for his well-being. Nap Mats are perfect in many ways and comes in handy on many occasions. Some of them are:
- When the child is at a childcare center
- When you are on vacation and staying at a hotel
- When you are camping with your little one
- When the child is going for a sleepover
- When the child loves reading and is in a reading nook
- When the child refuses to sleep on the bed
- When you need a cozy lounging space for a movie night
When you should consider buying a nap mat
As soon the child starts sleeping out of his crib you can think over purchasing a nap mat. However, nap mats can be purchased anytime after the child turns one. The use of the mat varies with the age of the child as follows:
Nap mats for one year olds– you can’t use nap mats very frequently with one year old as they still require cribs. However, rarely you may use especially when you are out for a vacation and need a cozy space on the floor to accustom the child. The risk of falling off the bed also seizes when the facility of the crib is not available in the hotel.
Nap Mats for two to three years old– When a baby turns into a toddler he starts following the commands given by the parents. He starts to understand the things. Exploring new stuff begins, and therefore this is the right time to provide them with a nap mat. If you are sending your child in the kindergarten accustom him with a nap mat beforehand. It will help him to stay on the mat instead wander all around the place.
Older preschoolers– If the child is big and has outgrown naps, a nap mat will still be the best for him to use in the occasions like camping, sleepovers or lounge on the reading nook.
Buying Guide for a Nap Mat
If you are thinking to invest on a nap mat, you should keep certain points under the belt to get the best product. These are:
What is the thickness of the mat– Generally the thickness of a nap mat ranges from 1/3″ to 2 1/2″. While the lesser thickness corresponds to the inferior quality of mat, greater thickness makes it cozy and comfortable.
What materials are used to manufacture it– Nap Mats are made with different materials and have their own set of pros and cons. These are as follows:
- 100% cotton- Perfect for all seasons.
- Cotton polyester blend- Provide great warmth and comfort.
- 100% polyester- Not very comfortable, warm and even make noise when the child tosses around.
- Memory foam style- Made with foam and have plastic exterior. They are easy to clean and sanitize.
- Microfiber or other soft poly-filled material- Although they are incredibly soft and cozy, durability is a matter of concern. The foam flattens with time but is available in different cute designs.
Which size will be the best– Size should be one of the major points that need heed. Since the child might use the nap mat from his kindergarten to preschool days, a bigger size will be perfect to pick.
Are they machine washable– If your nap mat is machine washable it will ease your life. Mats which can be sanitized as well as dried easily will be perfect to pick. Some nap mats can be wiped off and make clean as before.
Nap Mats- Final Thoughts:
Nap mats are one of the essential accessories for children. From the day the baby turns into a toddler and start exploring new things you can provide a nap mat to him.
Once he gets accustomed to it, taking it to different places to provide a cozy place for the child to sleep becomes easy. So get one of the above nap mats and let your child get the soft, smooth, cozy and comfortable place to sleep wherever he goes.